Re: magnets and arcs?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Tesla729-at-cs-dot-com>

In a message dated 7/11/03 6:33:47 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:
>Hey guys!
>I found this interesting thing on ebay. A BIG magnet.
>In the description it talks about "7 feet electrical arc"
>Is there anything to this?
>http://cgi.ebay-dot-com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2543487643
>
>Read you later
>Josh

Hi Josh, all,

I purchased a couple of magnets (though not the one depicted here)
from this gentleman and I corresponded w/ him via email about this
claim. It was really beyond me (which don't take too much) but he
kind of talked cryptically, at least IMO. Kind of reminded me of the
"free energy" talk. In spite of that, he did seem like a decent guy
and I can attest first hand that his NyFeBo magnets are BAADDD!
I purchased two 2 1/8" X 2 1/8" X 1 1/4" thick N-45 magnets and
these things at this size are down right dangerous - estimated se-
veral hundred lbs. of pull from a singular pole face to a thick, falt
piece of steel!

David Rieben