Re: Pacemaker

Hi,

I ran across these papers:

http://www.gtri.gatech.edu/jot/Herkert/herkert.html

http://www.seas.upenn.edu/~kfoster/interfer.htm

I have not read them yet.  Apparently, standards are now showing up where
before the USA ignored pacemaker RF standards :-p  Unfortunately, the
standards cost $95 to get* :-(

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/ImplantableCardiovascularDevices.pdf

A few years ago, Information on pacemakers and RF was very hard to
find.  However, now there seems to be vastly more info on-line :-)))  Much
of it is "tough reading", but at least it is there.  The CE and other
"foreign" authorities have taken RF and medical equipment standards much
further than here in the US.

I should note that my Palm VIIx can scramble a computer monitor at close
range with it's high powered pulsed RF bursts as well as lock up
computers.  Cell phones have fried more than a few hearing aids...  So
there is reason to use great caution...

I should note that the numbers given for V/m, Spectral content, ESD... are
all vastly exceeded by our Tesla coils...

Cheers,

         Terry

*www.plos-dot-org