Re: Why pole pigs are rare in Europe

Original poster: "Yurtle Turtle by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com>

I just came back from Honduras, where they distribute
a considerable distance at 240/120. They get
considerable variations from one side of the line to
the other. And one neighbor with a big load can dim
quite a few neighbors. I'd hate to think what my 25
kVA pig would do as far as voltage drop and RF trash.
Right now, I share my 14.4 25 kVA ground hog with only
several neighbors, which probably isolates most
everyone else. With everyone on the same pig/hog, I
would think you'd run a greater risk of messing up
someone's electronics with RF.

We are spoiled with our dead-on 240/120 v.

Adam