Re: Why pole pigs are rare in Europe

Original poster: "Bunnykiller by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bunikllr-at-bellsouth-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

>Original poster: "Finn Hammer by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><f-h-at-c.dk>
>
>Guys, a few comments from Europe:
>
>Not to forget that we have 3-phase service to every house as a rule
>rather than an exception. :-)

3 phase ????    sheesh   what I could do with a 3 phase system!!!!!!!
I checked into 3 phase power to the house/workshop ( there is a 3 phase
line across the street supplying the water purification plant several block
down) and Entergy said NO WAY even if I paid for total installation ( which
would consist of 3 10KVA piggies, 3 lines and a support wire to a pole
supplied by me and meter and box also supplied by me)   all they would have
to do is mount the piggies on the existing pole, tap into the existing 3
phase, run 3 lengths of 65 feet of wire from the piggies to my base pole,
connect to the top of the meter pan. BUT NO!!!   they wont do it  (
weird  cause they even quoted me a price to do
it....  27,000$   yuppers  27 grand   go figger that one)

why quote the price if they wont do it??

still confused as to why they wouldnt offer a reason why they wont do it
....   other than  " we dont supply homes with 3 phase" but 1 block up
there are homes converted to "businesses" and they have 3 phase... maybe I
need to "convert" to a business status  ;)

any of yall out there know of some obscure NEC codes that will loop hole me
into 3 phase operation???   or even some NEC codes that prohibit me from
aquiring 3 phase???

Scot D