RE: Differential voltage probes 3

Original poster: "Wall Richard Wayne by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com>

Terry,

 > >I know very little about the technology that we use for measurements,
but
 > >i can already see how this simple probe will be well worth the $45 to
put
 > >it together!  Ok, so its super fast and clean, and can take up to what,
10kv?

 > Right now we are thinking just 1kV RMS.  It would have a "safety" margin
 > 5kV peak for spikes and other things, but really a less than 1000 volt
thing.

 > >Is it possible to go for 20 or 30kv ratings by seriesing more of these
SMT
 > >resistors?

I think it may be a good idea and safety feature to add another transorb to
the amplifier inputs.  Do you know the nonconducting impedances of the
transorbs?  Wouldn't like to interfere with RF at the inputs though.

RWW