Re: Differential voltage probes 2

Original poster: "Wall Richard Wayne by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com>

Finn,

 > I talked to my brother about the project, he imediately said: Use
 > instrumentation amplifiers. Analog devices has them for less than 5$
 > with below 1Mhz bandwidth.

I believe Terry is interested in a very wide bandwidth.  If we go with
scheme Fig. # 41 and put two TSH4012 on the inputs then both a fully
instrumentation and high bandwidth amplifier can be obtained.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/DiffProbe11.gif

It's another chip and several more resistors though.

I suspect it will be tried both ways.

RWW