Re: Desktop Bipolar Coil

Original poster: "Dr. Resonance by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>

John is quite correct on this matter.

If you want to determine a "true" spark length for you coil, rectify the AC
to DC and then insert a large value resistor (say 20 Meg) in series with the
HV power supply to the cap.  This will "fire" the circuit once every 2-3
seconds.

You measure this output spark length and you will have a close to true value
for the output of your system.  This prevents "spark growth" as a function
of power input.

This is a HF AC current however the spark length is very close to what a DC
peak value would be and is accurate to determine actual output voltage.
This also is in very close agreement with Terry Fritz's antenna pickup
voltages.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation
E11870 Shadylane Rd.
Baraboo   WI   53913

 > This is what I mean by nonsense engineering when using random TC spark
 > outputs. This possibility also occurs with other engineering systems. Your
 > spark 36 inch length can be real, however, the exact watt second input to
 > produce this spark cannot be determined and the spark length should not be
 > compared to other spark lengths with an assumed same watt second input.
Keep