Need Plans for building a Tesla Coil

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <JACKBINTHEBOX-at-aol-dot-com>

Hello everybody!

I am student physicist, and I'm lookin to build a nice Tesla Coil for
fun/research.  I have been searching through all the web sites, but I have
yet to come upon a list of materials for building a coil.  I realize many
different components and configurations could be used, but I'm just looking
for some plans with stuff I can buy at the local electronics and hardware
store.  Anybody have such plans?

Thanks!
Jack