Re: Tesla Remote Controlled Devices

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

 >  > Anyone ever try to build a remote control such as the one Tesla built
 >  > (remote control boat)???
 >  > I am guessing that it was basically a variety of resonators tuned
 >  > The Captain
 >
 >         Yes.  His scheme just used a receiver and a mechanical stepping
 > arrangement for the controls.  Thoroughly practical and guys built RC
 > models that was as early as 1918. There were "Radechon" toys built in
 > Japan for several years which used a spark transmitter and a simple
 > coherer receiver, followed by a motor-driven drive and steering
 > mechanism.
 >
 > Ed

	Radicon, Radicon, Radicon!!  My keyboard was full of typos last night.
As for building devices in the past couple of years I've built several
different coherers and spark transmitters which worked and I seem to
remember that others here reported doing the same.  I also have a
Radicon Bus which works quite well for distances of thirty feet.
Receiver is a coherer which activates a meter-type sensitive relay and
transmitter is a small spark coil which runs from 3 D cells and has an
antenna about a foot high.

Ed