RE: capacitance formula

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-hp-dot-com>

If I may whine about one of my peeves - Referring to the resistors as
"equalizing" perpetuates the misunderstanding that they determine the
voltage division between series-ed caps.  The resistors are far higher
impedance than the reactance of the caps at 60 Hz and have no bearing on
the voltage division.  They are strictly for bleeding off charges that
accumulate asymmetrically on series caps, for reasons that frankly, are not
understood.  They should be referred to as bleeder resistors.

Gary Lau
MA, USA

 >Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" ><dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>