Re: Joining two rolls of wire on the secondary coil

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

At 10:23 PM 10/06/03 -0600, you wrote:
 >Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<JACKBINTHEBOX-at-aol-dot-com>

 >Hello!
 >
 >I'm in the process of winding my 4' x 4" secondary coil and I ran out of
 >wire midway.  I have a new roll and I need to connect the new wire to the
 >old.  Will there be any negative consequences to soldering the two wires
 >together?

<SNIP>

Hi Jack, Coilers,

Just file a taper on the ends of the two wires so that you get a lap
joint with more surface area than if just butted end to end.  Apply
a small amount of solder to each end, then sweat them together.  You
can then "tidy up" the joint with a fine file and cover it with up
with some insulation such as epoxy or urethane.  If done in this
manner, I see no reason for any negative results at all.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

"Don't take life so seriously, nobody has survived it yet!"

Listening: 7,055, 147.030+, and 442.075+
http://www.hurontel.on.ca/~weazle