RE: SRSG info

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

At 11:43 AM 20/06/03 -0600, you wrote:

 >Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<Gary.Lau-at-hp-dot-com>

 >I've never run my coil and sucker gap with a power supply larger than my
 >15/60, sorry.
 >
 >Gary Lau
 >MA, USA
 >
 > >It depends on the design of the static gap.  As you increase the current
 > >available from the high voltage power supply, a point will come where the
 > >gap will not quench and a continuous power arc will develop.  My original
 > >RQ style gap (six copper segments with fan) would not quench at 15,000
 > >volts & 180 ma.  Gary Lau has designed a sucker style gap that seems to be
 > >quite effective at high power.  Gary - have you found the limit to this
 > >design yet?
 > >
 > >Ed Sonderman

Hi Ed, Gary, Coilers,

My Hyperbaric Gap which is based roughly on Gary's design has been run at
powers up to 3 KVA with no quenching problems at all.  The electrodes do
need a bit of touching up with a finger nail sanding stick after about a
half hour or so run time.  A pix of the gap is on my site.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL