Re: TC-safety

Original poster: "Christoph Bohr by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <cb-at-luebke-lands.de>

Thank you everyone for your information.

I couldn't comprehend his statements, too, but I always want to play safe
and most of you have certainly a lot more experience than I do.
The transformer  problem he mentioned seems to be realy far fetched as I use
no Paper in this transformer and the oil is new 100% PCB free transformer
oil and it stays cool even after long runs with a jacobs ladder.
On the other hand the ozone might really be a problem, but I only run my
coil for 15 to 30 seconds and after that I have 3 windows and 1 door I can
( and do ) open to ventilate the room, I never experienced headaches after
coiling.
The remaining dangers of caps blowing up ( my primal fear for any reason,
*hehe* ) and the RSG "disassembling" itself however are real, but I stand
safe around a corner ( the room is not really rectangular ). I hope a
shockwave would not be that strong that it could cause harm, I always wear
hearing protection as well.

For those who wanted a more detailed description of the situation: here it
is!

http://www.luebke-lands.de/tesla2.html

The pictures might give a first impression of the size, I will try to get
some better pics soon. I moved the whole setup closer to the locker you can
see in the backgound. The secondary coil and the resonator are 5 feet apart,
the controls ( not shown ) are 10 feet away from the resonator coil, more
than two times the max streamer length. The new 6mot-supply is located where
there is a toolbox standing on the pictures, pretty close to the resonator
but out of reach of the streamers.
Current power level is 4,6KVA ( no PFC ), I am running on 60nF 12KV 400BPS.
longest streamers are 4 feet, I cant get any longer ones as they tend to hit
the ceiling rather than spreading horizontaly.

After all, thank you all for clarifying that.

best regards

Christoph