Re: Dummy load

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

You need to provide more information before we can answer your question:

1.  What is the voltage you plan on running at?

2.  Are you running a DC, AC, or pulsed load?

3.  Any other information???

Those Aluminum Heatsinked resistors are good for low voltage, but are very
poor at high voltage as there isn't much stand-off between the center lead
on the resistors
and the case of the resistor which is aluminum.

IMHO, I would never use those type resistors for any type of high voltage
resistive load.

Dan