Re: Toroid question and HV Disease

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Chris Roberts by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <quezacotl_14000000000000-at-yahoo-dot-com>

 > There is also another factor that seems to limit the spread of this
 > disease. Living in a house that dosen't have any wiring that's suited for
 > more that 120V/15A. Since that prevents pole pigs (which are the main
 > carriers of this disease) from feeding off of the house, it really keeps
 > the HV bug at bay. =D Oh well... mabye later on...
 >
 > Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> wrote:
 > Original poster: "Stephen Conner by way of Terry Fritz "
 >
 > At 10:51 31/05/03 -0600, you wrote:
 >  >Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz
 >  >"
 >  >
 >  >
 >  >
 >  >Oh no! BEWARE OF THE HIGH VOLTAGE DISEASE ! ! ! ! It may destroy rational
 >  >life as you
 >  >know it. I was bitten by the bug last May and now one year later I have
 >  >already built
 >
 > Dan you are one sick man. But fear not, there is a cure, all you need to do
 > is get married, have three kids, and a $200,000 mortgage.
 >
 > Steve C.
 >
 > -Chris

	Can't resist jumping in on this one.  When I first got a mobile ham rig
in my car (~1950) I used to talk to a local ham who kept inviting me to
come see his station.  One day I did!  He had a wife and two kids living
in a converted 2-car garage.  The family crawled up into the attic to
sleep and the "rig" occupied almost all of the "living" area.  Amazingly
his wife was proud of the whole setup!!!  I wonder how long the marriage
lasted?

	On a similar topic one morning a buy in my gun club came out with what
he announced was a "$30,000 rifle".  The full story was that he'd spent
several hundred bucks on the gun and his wife announced that she was
leaving unless they moved from an apartment into a house of their own,
which they did.  Back in 1952 you could buy a pretty decent house for
that price!

	Of course nothing of the kind happens around here.  Radio/electronic
work is done in the basement or a small bedroom which serves as a
combination study and "radio room".  My wife just looks in the door,
shakes her head, and closes the door whenever "company" arrives.  TC
work is done in the attic of the garage and machine shop is one half of
the two-car garage.  Her car is in the other half and mine sits out in a
carport.

Ed