Re: Electronic Halogen transformer for SSTC?

Original poster: "Bunnykiller by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bunikllr-at-bellsouth-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

>Original poster: "Jolyon Vater Cox by way of Terry Fritz
><teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jolyon-at-vatercox.freeserve.co.uk>
>
>Is it possible to use an electronic halogen lighting transformer to drive
>an SSTC?
>I think these are usually limited to 200VA
>with an effective output voltage of 12V AC at about 30kHz since they are
>switch-mode PSU using a ferrite step-down transformer.
>I know the voltage is a bit low but couldn't it be fed into the primary of
>the TC?

hi...

to have an effective T coil...   the primary voltage at its minimal voltage
should be around 5KV   the only way around this is to use ferrite cored
transformers at their peak resonate Hz ( this can be very frustrating to
find without an oscilliscope) ...   I think im on the right track here but
not too sure...

Scot D