Re: Dangers of SSTCs ! ! ! Measured

Original poster: "davep by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <davep-at-quik-dot-com>

>YIPES is right.  Of course, this is also with my SSTC

>operating at about 2kW CW mode

         Ponder on this.
         a classic coil, by definition, is an impulse
         device, off more than on.
         A CW coil (be it solid state or tube) runs
         continuously.
         The meter will (unless specced/designed otherwise)
         _average_ the field strength.

>Yeah, I have to look again at the specs on how this actually operates
>whether its detecting peak or an RMS value.

         Yep...

--
         best
         dwp