From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Tuesday, 11 March 2003 3:22 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Variacs Down Under

Original poster: "Matthew Smith by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <matt-at-kbc-dot-net.au>

Hi

For any Aussie coilers looking for a bargain Variac, er, variable
autotransformer, Oatley electronics are currently listing a quantity of
four 15A/240V Rheotor units at $195 each.

I recently acquired a similar unit through an auction at a mere $100
more
(grumble, grumble).  Considering that Farnell/RS list 6A/240V units for
$800, I still consider this to be quite a bargain.

Still doesn't compare with my hundredweight of 25A genuine Variac - had
weld a frame together over the weekend to hold the rack mount unit in a
vertical position; now I just need to fit the wheels so I can move the
thing off the verandah where my wife keeps tripping over it ;-)

Cheers

Ref: http://www.oatleyelectronics-dot-com/bcorner2.html

--
Matthew Smith