New Geek Group Capacitor available soon!

Original poster: "Mark Broker by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mbroker-at-thegeekgroup-dot-org>

I wasn't supposed to make the announcement for another couple of weeks.
But Rodney has prompted me to make the announcement a little early.

In a few weeks we will have 250 pieces of CDE's .10uF, 2kV capacitor, P/N
942C20P1K.  This is a "little brother" to the capacitor we have been
selling all along, and is the value used in our MMCs shown on the website.
The smaller value of .10uF is a more economical choice for smaller NST-
powered tesla coils, particularly 30mA NSTs.

The MMC design chart on the web site has been modified to reflect the use
of the new value - shown in the yellow cells.  The value has not yet been
added to the orderform, since this message was supposed to wait for another
2 or 3 weeks.  Until that is done, select "other" and enter the value in
the notes box.

The price for the .10uF cap is US$2.50 each, with the same shipping charge.

If there is enough interest in other values of CDE capacitors, let us know,
and we'll see what we can do.  Those building minicoils may prefer a .010uF
cap.  Those building a big MOT/PT/PDT coil may prefer some .680uF, 1600VDC
(!!!) caps.  For that matter, we aren't limited only to the 942C caps, either.

Cheers,

Mark Broker
Chief Engineer, The Geek Group