Re: SSTC coils and PVC

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

Uhhh.  PVC works extremely well in solid state coils.  Both of my solid
state coils use strictly PVC primaries and secondaries with no drying
beforehand,
and my small solid state coil easily puts out over 12" at 120VAC input and
my large solid state using IXFN24N100 FETs has put out about 24" streamers
at 240VAC and over 36"
streamers at one point when I was ramping up to 480VAC , although some
components in the design were not rated for operation above 300VAC therefore
I only run it at 240 VAC
now.

PVC works wonders.  No need to go to different materials when PVC is so
readily available.

The Captain