Re: HV Diodes - RVP Fast Recovery Types and Paralleling of ? ? ?

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "robert & june heidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

 > Having replaced a few diode strings in high-voltage radar power supplies I
 > feel I should make a comment about how the plates were matched. We neaded 20
 > series diode plates in parallel so we put 200 volts and a resistor in series
 > to measure ths diode junction voltage drop of the hole diode plate. we then
 > selected 20 out of 100 with the same voltage drop to connect in parallel.
 > The unused plates were saved to use the next time a replacement was neaded.
 > At a cost of $200,000 per assembly the time required to select matched diode
 > plates was well worth the effort.
 >    Robert  H

	What's a "diode plate", a string of diodes?  What ratings were you
building to?  Was $200K the cost of the rectifier or the HVPS?

Ed