Re: Chris's cap - Here is what I found...

Hi Chris,

At 02:47 PM 2/20/2003 -0800, you wrote:

>Wow. I didn't know that the current got THAT high coming from the MMC. No
>wonder the poor little connector burned out = ) But other than that, the
>connectors have held up fine on the low voltage side of the circut.

On the the wires between the caps and the primary coil and gap see high
currents.  The wires from the NST are very low current.

>The control box was wired with these and we haven't had a problem with
>them at all. I would recommend them for anything on the 120 volt side. So
>how would you recommend hooking the MMC up? Also, is there any chance that
>any of the caps on the "bad" string are still okay or am I better off not
>taking any chances? (Trying desprately to save what little money left)

I tried to test and find the good and bad caps.  Unfortunately, I don't
seem to have any sure test to separate them.  I guess I have to recommend
just replacing them all since I can't be sure a bad one would not sneak
through.  If I am really picky and taking the ones that test the
best.  Only one seems really good.  I would just get all new ones and not
take a chance.

>P.S. It may be really "neat" for you guys to discover a new problem, but
>it's not for me!! I'd rather stay ignorant and have a coil that works (
>joking : )

It's called science ;-))

Cheers,

         Terry