From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2003 10:22 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Inductance of a conical coil

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Hi:

I was reviewing the archives looking for a good approximate
formula for the inductance of a conical coil. There was a
discussion years ago, but didn't come to a conclusion. That
formula that makes an average between the Wheeler approximations
for solenoids and flat coils is very poor. The Wheeler formula
for flat coils is also poor.
What would be the best formulas now?

By the way, I have added mutual inductance calculation to my
Teslasim design/simulation program.
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/programs

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz