Re: Wire

Original poster: "Peter Lawrence by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Peter.Lawrence-at-Sun.COM>

This price does seem a bit steep, and you're only going to get a "small"
coil out of one pound, and it is highly recommended that you have two or
three times as much as you'll need for your first coil since so much can
go wrong (either during winding, or burning it up with racing sparks,
if this is your first coil).

For people like me that really want specialty wire I recommend
	<www.mwswire-dot-com>
I was able to buy "quad" build #38 and #36, "triple" build #32, and
"heavy" (ie double) build #28 for my 500 turn, 1000 turn, 1500 turn,
and 2000 turn coils. They have a rather high minimum order (per spool,
rather than per order) so I spent way too much, but then I really wanted
to do this experiment...

Their web site has really great tables for wire gauges and insulation
build thicknesses too.

-Pete Lawrence.

 >Original poster: "Black Moon by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<black_moons-at-hotmail-dot-com>