Re: Wire

Original poster: "Black Moon by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <black_moons-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: Wire
>Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 19:01:53 -0700
>
>Original poster: "Peter Lawrence by way of Terry Fritz
><teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Peter.Lawrence-at-Sun.COM>
>

>This price does seem a bit steep, and you're only going to get a "small"
>coil out of one pound, and it is highly recommended that you have two or
>three times as much as you'll need for your first coil since so much can
>go wrong (either during winding, or burning it up with racing sparks,
>if this is your first coil).

I calced out I only need a 1/3 of a pound for a 12" high coil

>For people like me that really want specialty wire I recommend
>         <www.mwswire-dot-com>
>I was able to buy "quad" build #38 and #36, "triple" build #32, and
>"heavy" (ie double) build #28 for my 500 turn, 1000 turn, 1500 turn,
>and 2000 turn coils.
uhhh... what is quad and tripple build?
and honestly I would of been happy with the $10 us mouser wire, its just
the shop said this is all they found (after 3 months of them apparently
'searching' tho I highly doubt they spent more then 1/2 an hour.... when I
asked why not mouser they said they don't deal with them. yeash.. plus as I
said, without a credit card its kinda hard to buy from these places)