New SSTC Design Topology

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

I'm currently working on a new high power SSTC Design Topology which will
basically use a 2100V input (either DC, or AC -
full or half rectified) and utilize a high frequency / high voltage
switching circuit which will run at 100-200 kHz
approximately.  Basically its going to utilize (6) 1000V FETs (IXFN24N100)
type in a cascoded gate topology and initial
simulations look promising.  I'll keep you all posted.  Its actually a
simple circuit and much easier to implement than
the full-bridge topology which is limited to lower operating voltages.  I've
already built some high voltage switched
loads using similar topologies (albeit higher voltages and less current),
but results should be similar.

The Captain