Arc welder, pole pig questions

Original poster: "Adam Britt by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <beans45601-at-sbcglobal-dot-net>

I am looking at buying a 14.4 KV 5KVA pole pig. I am wondering, if i run
this pole pig with 120 volt AC, would this reduce my output voltage of the
pole pig (I am almost pretty sure it would, but by how much?)? Should i
just get an electrician to come over and put in a 220AC line in my shop
(how big should the breaker be? I was thinking 30-50amp)? I was looking at
ebay number 2511663284. Is it better if the arc welder has a variable output?

Thanks

Adam