Re: New SSTC Design Topology

Original poster: "Stephen Conner by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <steve-at-scopeboy-dot-com>

At 19:39 26/02/03 -0700, you wrote:
>Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>
>
>The beauty of this design is that the gates are not turned on at the same
>time.  The first FET turns on, then the second FET turns on the third, and
>so forth.

Is that the circuit that appears in The Art Of Electronics (second edition,
page 372)? If you don't have the book I'll try to describe it: A series
string of MOSFETS where the drive signal is fed only to the gate of the
bottom one, and the gates of all the others connect to a series string of
resistors (each with shunt capacitor) that runs between the drain of the
top MOSFET and the source of the bottom one. Each MOSFET has a gate-source
protection diode.

Steve C.