Re: Adding Secondary High Voltage Mail List group ? ? ?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

The pupman group lists are for the beginner through the expert.  I would say
a large majority of posts on the list now are from beginners.  Also, its the
beginner's questions which
really spark (no pun intended) interesting debates and solutions.

By the way, what is an HEI coil???

The Captain

 > And where do the Newbie's go? I became interested in sparks-n-arcs reading
the
 > "Beginner Coil" thread from 1998(?). But it turned into the GMHEICSLR
World
 > Cup
 > Challenge, with rules of engagement. Too exotic for a Newbie.
 >
 > I'm at the off-the-shelf HEI coil stage, with the laminations still
 > installed. Not a true-blue
 > Tesla coil; using Pigs, MMC, RSG, magnifiers, top loads......... etc.
While
 > planning the
 > need for another list, consider how a Newbie enters the field. How does
 > someone
 > start-out and where would he go with questions? Would HEI coil questions
be
 > allowed
 > on the Tesla list?
 >
 > John
 >
 > Dan wrote:
 >  >
 >  > Yeah, I guess it does get a bit complicated on what to allow and not
allow
 >  > as far as posts.
 >  >
 >  > Perhaps things all related to the generation of high voltage and arcs.
For