Re: Adding Secondary High Voltage Mail List group ? ? ?

Original poster: "Chip Atkinson by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <chip-at-pupman-dot-com>

Hi Terry.   I am biased towards plain email lists myself.  As the tesla
list is not a money making venture, we don't have to do ads, which is
nice.

At least in the early days I think the moderation was what allowed the
tesla list to succeed where other tesla lists have failed.  There was a
USATesla list that got so side tracked with bogus postings that people
just gave up on it.

I wrote back to Steve Roys about me hosting an HV list where he would be
the moderator.  Haven't heard back from him yet, but I think we could make
a go of it.

As soon as I get a moderator for the HV list, I'll set it up.  I'd kind of
like to let Steve have first crack at it and then take the next volunteer.
That would keep Terry free to do the tesla list, since it's a pretty big
job just to read the postings.

Perhaps the old web site needs a radical overhaul anyway...(sometime)

Chip

http://groups.google-dot-com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&group=alt.energy.high-voltage