Re: Category II Mini Coil Contest

Original poster: "Chris Roberts by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <quezacotl_14000000000000-at-yahoo-dot-com>

I'm not entirely sure as I bought it assembled (I know whatever I build
never works as well as it should) but the person I asked said it was a
transistor oscillator driving a special hv transformer. I'm guessing a
small flyback. Do flybacks light fluoresent tubes though? I might soon open
it up and look around, but I want to make sure I won't break it first =P

-Chris