Re: R: new sstc completed!

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>
>Hi All,
>
>Ive just recently finished my first attempt at a SSTC.  Its a circuit that
>i borrowed from Justing Hays, and it works very well!  See it at my site:
>
>http://hot-streamer-dot-com/srward16/index.htm
>
>I have lots of pictures and stuff. The coil makes a 13" spark at max power
>of only 400watts or so!  Very awesome device.  I will eventually get around
>to explaining more about the operation.  Please let me know if there are
>any errors on my page.  Thank you, and enjoy!
>
>Steve Ward
>

>Good work Steve, it's a great idea to tune the coil by the frequency
>emitted from the secondary. Havw you seen my Royer resonant push pull
>proyect at http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/mazzilli ? It's anoter ZVS
>oscillator.
>
>Cheers
>
>Vladi
>
>Have you seen my photos?
>
>Vladi

Hi Vladi,

I saw your stuff on the royer project, though i will say, that i dont have
a good idea of how it works.  I will need to look at it a few more times
before i get an understanding.  It makes a good spark for the size as well.

I just did a demonstration for my science (anatomy) class today (im in high
school), and they loved the SSTC!  I lit up light bulbs, touched the
sparks, and all sorts of stuff.  They thought it was amazing, and i still
do too ;)

Now ive just got to see if i can make a full bridge (120v input) with 200v
fets!  Yipes!

Steve Ward

_