Re: Need a fire extinguisher

Original poster: "torlin by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <torlin-at-ghostmail-dot-net>

If you can find them, stick to gas-based extinguishers. CO2, or HALON.  I
personally used to sell residential halon extinguishers, so I like
those.  But Drychem, apart from the HUGE mess, is also corrosive to some
metals (aluminum and copper, especially).  I've seen aluminum engine blocks
after vehicle fires, that were damaged more by the drychem, than the fire
itself.

Just my opinion.

Chris