Re: Constructing HV Supply Oil Tank - PVC

Original poster: "Dr. Resonance by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>

After an extended period of time the PVC joints will leak even with
silicone.  Both PVC cements and silicone can not stand up to oil (been
there, done that).

Form your tank out of 5 --- 10 Ga. steel plates (4 sides and bottom).  Have
the metal co. bend a nice 5/8 inch lip all around (45 degrees on corners).
Then, have a good welder weld it up and it will never leak.  Use a topplate
of 3/8 inch type LE phenolic and suspend the xmfr on long threaded rods from
the top.  This makes a nice xmfr case and it won't leak.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation
E11870 Shadylane Rd.
Baraboo   WI   53913