Re: Magnifier web page

Original poster: "Jolyon Vater Cox by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jolyon-at-vatercox.freeserve.co.uk>

Antonio,
You say that 50% RMS to peak voltage ratio can be exceeded by an induction
coil
and that 6th order versions are possible -
does this mean that it is possible to use an induction coil as a driver in a
magnifier setup?

What kind of induction coil would be suitable
you mentioned the Rhumkorff design -does this mean the driver would have to
be just like one of those "antique" laboratory-type coils with  double ended
secondaries
or could something more modern like an ignition coil be used, and would the
iron core have to be removed or not?

Is possible that networks related to induction coils -but without magnetic
coupling- could be devised in a similar way to the multiple-resonant
networks which are  related to Tesla coils?

Would it be possible to provide some of the calculations which are involved
in the design of induction coils as these are different to those for Tesla
coils.

Also,  is it possible that  the voltage from an induction-driven magnifier
could exceed that of a normal Tesla coil?