Re: Twin Magnifier???

Original poster: "Harvey Norris by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <harvich-at-yahoo-dot-com>

 > Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz
 > <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Winchandle-at-aol-dot-com>
 >
 > Dear Terry,
 > Someone asked about a twin magnifier.  I built one.
 > The primary is 50 feet
 > of 1/4 refrig tubing wrapped around a 10 gallon
 > plastic container--about 13
 > turns.  Inside container is an 8" pvc pipe wrapped
 > with around 200 turns of
 > domestic 14ga. solid wire.  The ends of this
 > secondary coil go to two 8'
 > tertiaries--close wound 18 ga wire about 700 turns.
 > These tertiaries are
 > topped with 4" dryer duct toroids.  Arcs and sparks
 > shoot out from both
 > toroids, and if they are close together, they shoot
 > between them.  This is
 > essentially an undgrounded system.   Am getting 5
 > ft. sparks using a 1.5kva
 > potential transformer.    Will send some pictures
 > when I learn how to post
 > them.
 > Bill Shepard

Huh, that seems kind of bizaare! I take it each of
your "extra coils" are wound in opposite directions? A
single line coupled input that causes arcing between
the ends of the circuit, now that seems like something
out of the usual! Most twins that we have seen
described are also complemented by each system also
having complementary primaries, but here you are
driving everything from one primary? Can you say if
the tuning (on primary) is the same for driving just
"one" extra coil vs two?
HDN