Re: Self-resonant 555 astable conversion?

Original poster: "Jolyon Vater Cox by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jolyon-at-vatercox.freeserve.co.uk>

I have posted the  diagram of my proposed  setup is at
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/555%20sr%20astable.bmp.

Looking at the diagram again I am concerned about phasing - should the
current transformer should be in one the primary leads from the H-bridge to
the step-up transformer, rather than the secondary- this after all, is the
position of the current transformer in half-wave converters used in compact
flourescent  lamps and electronic halogen transformers -but what is
implication of primary current  feedback on the TC frequency distribution/
bandpass characteristic?

With the current transformer in the secondary lead- isn't there a phase
discrepancy between the output of the current transformer and the primary
voltage that would need to be corrected in some way e.g by connecting a
capacitor in parallel with the secondary of the current transformer,
perhaps?

What appeared simple at first is now beginning to look rather more
complicated...!

Jolyon

Jolyon  ----- Original Message -----