Re: Frustrating Problems with Gate Drive Transformers on SSTC - Ahhghhghghg! !! ! !

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

Thanks.  Actually, I think the problem may be that I do not have enough
coupling capacitance as I was only trying about 0.1uF.
Without the coupling capacitor and the uneven duty cycle (25%), i was
definitely getting some DC into the transformer and saturating it.
Tomorrow I'll try some larger values of coupling capacitance as well as
start from scratch winding a new gate transformer and actually testing it
with different number of turns
and a capacitor on the output to simulate the actual FET gate capacitance.

Dan