Re: RF field strength - SSTC coils

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Dan,

It seems that maybe since you use a signal generator to feed your SSTC, you
are slightly out of tune and this causes your coil to radiate so much
power.  My SSTC does not give me any zaps or anything when i touch ground,
even with a 14" spark firing off of it.  Its a feedback driven coil, so its
always perfectly in tune.  Maybe thats your problem?

Steve Ward