Re: MOT-powered coil questions

Original poster: "Edward Wingate by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ewing7-at-rochester.rr-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

 > I disagree whole heartedly.  Even 3kVAC is enough for a reliable spark-gap
 > driven tesla coil.  Plus many of us, Ed Wingate, Steve Ward, Gary Lau, and
 > others have built
 > very successful tesla coils utilizing only 4kVAC transformers.  Theres more
 > than enough margin for reliable operation.
 >
 > The Captain
 >
 >  Dan,

After my "test" minicoil was completed and while waiting for my France
4020SE transformer to arrive
I got 3" sparks using a 2KV/20MA transformer pulled out of a HiPot tester
firing through 2 gaps of
my 21 gap fixed gap assembly. The operation of the coil was stable even
with the flea power.

Ed Wingate RATCB