Re: Wimshurst (tesla coil current)

Original poster: John <fireba8104-at-yahoo-dot-com>

  The disks are now on death row. Exactions will commence once my TC is
back up and running(waiting for new caps), might be awhile. I'm going to
take pictures so if anyone wants to see them their welcome.
Cheers
John

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz"

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: John
 >
 > The dish was only electrified slightly when using paper.
 > I don't feel like looking though box after box for something higher in
 > the triboelectric series like wool or silk at the moment.What was your
 > conclusion?

Regular alcaline glass. Excessively conductive for a static machine.
But the shape of the plate was not good too for this use.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz