Re: VTTC MOT doubler, is it safe?

Original poster: "Steven Ward" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

I would agree with John here.  Its a bit of a trick, but ive pushed my 810
tube with a MOT and doubler.  The 810 is rated to 2500v i think.  At one
point it did arc and you can hear it in the output.  I think the fix was
less grid feedback.  But, i was only using 2500ohms of resistance on the
gridleak circuit, this seemed to make the tube happier.  Anyway, i think
higher gridleak resistance would promote tube arcs since the load on the
power supply is lower thus allowing the voltage to get excessively high.
Though im sure the amound of grid leak resistance you want would also
depend on the tanks impedance. I guess just try stuff out and see how it
goes.  Its all a balancing act...

Steve Ward