RE: first coil

Hi,

At 11:45 AM 10/2/2003, you wrote:

>10meg 1/4W resistors are fine if you have more than 10 resistors in
>series in your MMC.  Thats what most use anyways.
>Continuously, 10 resistors in series at 21000kV (peak voltage of 15kVAC)
>would be about 0.44W per resistor, but the 21000kV is not continous so
>power dissipation will be much less.

The 1/2 watt types, (DigiKey # 10MH-ND) have been well tested for power,
arc-over, destructively tested...  I have no idea if 1/4 watt types would
be "ok".  The voltage across them is about 14kVrms.   Since they are in the
charging circuit, they see the 60Hz high voltage.

However, I have thousands of the 1/2 Watt resistors here that I am happy to
send for free to anyone that needs them.  Matthew's will be on the way
tomorrow ;-)

Cheers,

         Terry
         terrellf-at-qwest-dot-net