From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Thursday, 9 October 2003 1:43 p.m.
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: CD cap MMC

Hi Kreso,

The peak current for the 940 series 0.15uF 2kV cap you mention is 144 amps
peak.  The 940 series is not thick metal foil but only thin vacuum
deposited aluminum that is not good for super high current.

http://www.cde-dot-com/film/9402000.htm

Our favorite 942 series caps (942C20P15K) use full metal foil for 432 amps
peak.

http://www.cde-dot-com/film/9422000.htm

You want the 942 series 942C20P15K for sure!  Some people have gone with
the 940 series ok, but sometimes they fail too...  It all depends on how
your coil is set up.

The chart at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/MMCcapSales.gif

Tells how many you need.  I am not sure what your line frequency but if it
is 60Hz a nice value is 0.214 using a 14 x 2 MMC.

At 11:47 PM 10/7/2003, you wrote:
 >Maybe i will ghet CD caps 942C20P15K: 2000volt DC at .15 microfarad
 >what
 >do you reccomend for 15kV 120 mA nst?? I need 25 nF for resonant bud i do
 >not want resonant i destroyed my Maxwell . So whad do you suggest how much
 >cap for a durable MMC really durable i will not push my luck and i wont it
 >to work for long time.
 >
 >Best Regards
 >
 >Krešo
 >
 >P.S. Terry dont kill this post is it-s important

sender immediately.