Re: Urgent mmc advice

Original poster: Mark Broker <mbroker-at-thegeekgroup-dot-org>

Terry, now I see it...  doh!  :)

Ditto what terry said.  Also, the 940s as far as I know are a polyester and
polypropylene hybrid dielectric.  That fact isn't mentioned in the
description but is depicted in the "cross-section" on the PDF datasheet.

The 5A rating is actually incorrect.  The latest testing shows something
like 11A RMS (Terry's site says 8A, but the lastest tests show closer to
11A) with a 15C temp rise at 350kHz.  We have no idea how CDE tests their
caps internal to teh company for ratings, so we prefer to use the results
of Terry's independent testing.  I will also say that I have only
encountered non-overvolted MMC designs that exceed the temp rise (RMS
current) margin on LTR designs at high break rates using "our" caps.

http://www.thegeekgroup-dot-org/mmc

Even the eminent Dr. Resonance uses and recommends our caps....  just in
case you think I'm trying to play the pushy salesman ;)

Cheers!

Mark Broker
Chief Engineer, The Geek Group