MMC Advice

Original poster: Gregory Hunter <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

I could use a bit of help thinking this one through.
I'd like to build an MMC on the cheap using 150nF/2kv
CD942C caps from Richardson Electronics. This will be
for my 6" x 30" system using a 5kva/11kvac pole xfmr.
Their minimum order is 28 pieces. For ~$70, I can have
three strings of 9 caps for 50nF-at-18kv.  Another
possibility is to buy 32 caps giving me four strings
of 8 caps for 75nF-at-16kv. Is the extra 15nF worth the
loss of 2kv max voltage rating and the extra few
bucks? Will 75nF give significantly more bang than 50nF?

=====
Gregory R. Hunter

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg