Re: Filament help!

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

At 09:03 PM 25/10/03 -0600, you wrote:

 >Original poster: "Jim Mitchell" <Wrenchead-at-starband-dot-net>
 >
 >I'm using a 4-125A in my VTTC, and I cant find a filament supply!
<SNIP>
 >The 4-125A needs 5v at 6.5A for the filament.

Hello Jim, Coilers,

Use a microwave oven transformer.  Remove the old high voltage
winding and the filament winding but leave the primary intact.
Wind a new secondary using number 10 wire which you can buy at
Home Depot or most any hardware store.  You'll need about five
or six turns, since most of the MOTs that I've played with are
one turn per volt.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Details of my "Hyperbaric Gap" and Tesla coil are at:
http://www.hurontel.on.ca/~weazle