Re: Filament help!

Original poster: Gregory Hunter <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

I don't think you should use a PC power supply. They
are too complex and too sensitive for this
application.

Beefy 5vac transformers are common in surplus
catalogs. Try All Electronics, Brigar Electronics, and
AllTronics. Even cheaper--cut the secondary coil off
of an old MOT and rewind it with 12ga household or
auto primary wite. 5 or 6 turns should do it. Just use
the AC straight to light the filament.

Cheers,

 > Original poster: "Jim Mitchell"
 > <Wrenchead-at-starband-dot-net>
 >
 > I'm using a 4-125A in my VTTC, and I cant find a
 > filament supply!  I was
 > thinking of using a PC PSU but they have too many
 > wires and I don't know
 > which ones to cross for power on, and which to load
 > to keep regulation
 > proper.  The 4-125A needs 5v at 6.5A for the
 > filament.  Also, any idea if
 > thise tube is better than the 813? I have both and
 > am wondering which I
 > should use.

=====
Gregory R. Hunter