Re: NST isolation level

Original poster: "Richard W." <potluck-at-xmission-dot-com>

Hi all,

I've done some tests with a 15/60 NST using a water resistor.
I was never able to get 15Kv at 60 ma. Max current, about 50 ma or so,  was
reached at about 8Kv. Raising the resistance from that point lowered the
current and raised the voltage. Lowering the resistance from that point
lowered the voltage  and raised the current only slightly.

I don't remember the exact numbers but as someone already mentioned the NST
seems to work best at about half it's rated voltage. "Best" being max
current AND voltage at that point.

Rick W.
Salt Lake