Re: high voltage probes

Hi Mark,

Consider "water resistors".  Or, plane wave antenna.  Just make a little
flat "transmitter" antenna to get a better signal off what you want to read.

Directly connecting the Marx is scarry since the voltages and currents are
so high that no ground can be trusted. Use a cheapo E-bay scope with lots
of big MOVs on the power and stuff ;-))  I would simply "plan" on it going
bad...  But once you get it going, it will seem easy ;-))  If the scope
eats the output, it will also go right into the AC wiring as it happily
cremates the scope.  So work on protecting the AC line stuff real
well.  Might even consider running off a cheap old UPS power source....

Cheers,

         Terry